Tuesday, July 3, 2007

PARTS CAR IS HERE

Today at precisely 5:03pm my '93 Parts car was delivered to me from columbus. Let me say when that trailer being pulled by a Expedition pulled up I was to say the least in for a thoroughly amusing evening with the previous owner and his family. He backs the car of the trailer and rips off the exhaust. SCORE!!!! The words that came out of his mouth next gave me a idea of what was in for, "god damn my welds on the exhaust didn't hold up I aint no welder." Then his wife chimes in "damn right you aint no welder!" So its off the trailer and the little boy who is six comes up to me "hey hey hey" poking me "are you going to put those wheels on Rusty?" pointing at my SPG rims.Let me back up this kid calls the car Rusty and is in absolute love with it. Close your eyes and let me paint a picture for you. This little kid is wearing a Cars the movie shirt talking about the movie and a little nascar fan in training. If I was Jeff Foxworthy I would be making a redneck joke right now. Oh and by the way these people were raging rednecks. Well after the exhaust breaks the little boy says "daddy Rusty sounds like a race car." At this point the this guys wife is chasing their little girl around my front yard keep in mind I live next to the mayor. Then the little boy comes up to me and he has dirt all over his face and starts talking about how Rusty has wipers for his headlights. This kid follows me around the whole time they were there. The guy tells me they plan on camping out at findlay and do some bike riding. Here is the topping on the cake the little kid gets his bike off the trailer and you won't believe what he hops on, a girl bike with training wheels. I almost lost it. I called up my buddy when they left and I lost it.




No comments: